In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Ruger Super Blackhawk .44 Mag

JackiePapersJackiePapers Member Posts: 544 ✭✭✭
edited February 2007 in Ask the Experts
Looking at this gun... Like new condition...No wear or rust.. only a slight drag mark on cyl... adjutable sights... 7 1/2" bbl... No box or papers... I checked completed auctions on GB and very few bids on what was offered at starting prices of 370-425 bucks. Any idea what would be FAIR price would be? This would be a face-to-face sale with a lady that just doesnt want it anymore... the gun that is.

Thanks for any help...

Comments

• Options
    Colonel PlinkColonel Plink Member Posts: 16,460
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by JackiePapers
    Looking at this gun... Like new condition...No wear or rust.. only a slight drag mark on cyl... adjutable sights... 7 1/2" bbl... No box or papers... I checked completed auctions on GB and very few bids on what was offered at starting prices of 370-425 bucks. Any idea what would be FAIR price would be? This would be a face-to-face sale with a lady that just doesnt want it anymore... the gun that is.

Thanks for any help...

I'd offer her $200 to start. She could get more for it, but face-to-face, with cash in hand, suddenly $200 looks mighty fair to some people. I certainly wouldn't offer more than $300, since you can get a new one for right at $400.
  • Options
    v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I got $300 for a mint one not long ago.
  • Options
    bull300wsmbull300wsm Member Posts: 3,289
    edited November -1
    I got one in stainless with 71/2 barrel that was as you described with box and papers for 300 bucks. I would offer 200-250..Bull
  • Options
    Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,878 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    $200! I guess that's fair if you could sleep at night afterwards.

The bids on this one are up to $555 already after only three days.

Jackie - it really depends on whether it is a Super Blackhawk or a New Model Super Blackhawk. If it is the "old model" then it makes a difference if it has had the factory safety conversion or not.
    I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly
  • Options
    41 nut41 nut Member Posts: 3,016
    edited November -1
    It makes a big difference in value if it is a new model or an old model (three screw) super blackhawk. And since you didn't say no one can actually give an approximate value on it. Is it an old model? If so what is the serial number range? Serial number range makes a difference in value of the old models.
  • Options
    JackiePapersJackiePapers Member Posts: 544 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    More information on Ruger... HenryOReilly, et al...

On left side under cyl: "RUGER .44 Magnum Cal. New Model Super Blackhawk"

Has "Read the manual etc stamping on bbl.

SN is 82-59507

wood (walnut?) grips, shiny blue finish.. sides of hammer not blued
    Ruger medallions are kinda etched looking.

Any other thoughts? Thanks in advance and thanks to all above.

PS... This came up because the owner remarked that "She thought she'd take it to a gun shop and get whatever she could for it..." I thought I might be a little fairer, even though I'm not all that into single action revolvers. Nice gun though...[:D]
  • Options
    duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    4440rk4440rk Member Posts: 495 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well it was made in 1978 and in 90%+ $350 tops in MHO.
  • Options
    asopasop Member Posts: 8,910 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I bought new in 91 a nickle fin. 8" for $300. Great gun, literally have put 1,000's of rounds thru it. Easy shooter as it rolls back rather than straight back like a S&W 29 would do. I'd go $400 if it's really what you want to get. Good luck