In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

walther p?

aaronwrenchaaronwrench Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited February 2007 in Ask the Experts
i found a very old walther believe maybe a 1st or 2nd variation p4
with holster , spare clip , and certificate from the us army theatre division dated dec 7 1945 to allow for shipment into the states. it has a serial number verticle in the rt handle
and marked Zella St. Blassi but no production number however there is a pentagram stamped just above the trigger on the left.
any clues? i have pics also

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If it's marked "Zella-St. Blasii" it's a early production model. Made either before or during the First World War, i.e. prior to 1919.

The most common of these early Walthers is the Model 4, as you mentioned. It would be best if you provided photos.

If it's factory original, in very good or better condition, with the accessories and bring back papers. It would be worth a fair amount of money to a collector.
  • Options
    p3skykingp3skyking Member Posts: 25,750
    edited November -1
    I kind of think it may be a Model 4 also by the vertical S/N location. Some Model 4 numbers are even hidden by the grip panel which must be removed to read it.
    Also the St. Blassi address is prewar. The Model 4 was unique that the ejection port is on the left side.