In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

price for a manhurin?

rogue_robrogue_rob Member Posts: 7,033 ✭✭✭
edited February 2007 in Ask the Experts
Ok I'm looing at buying a PPK/S Manhurin SN 26397x

It is blue and supposedly NIB and unfired. Can someone give me a ballpark figure of what it's worth and any questions I should ask before purchasing.

thanks

Comments

• Options
    big mangobig mango Member Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This ended auction seems about right as far as the price goes.

View it and see how close the one your thinking about is to it.

Although the ended auction is for a PP and the one your looking at is a PPk/S , not much diff. in the price.

MANHURIN PP WALTHER PISTOL .32 ACP IN BOX C&R OK ! Auction # 64147554.

A few yeras back dealers were paying 230.00 - 250.00 for used police
    trade - ins.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    How much did the auction end at?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    $ 375.00 , I think , go and look.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Caliber would have a great influence on price. Most all PPK/S's I've run across are commercial .380's, rather then ex West German police PP Models in .32.

I believe a PPK/S in .380, as described by the original poster, would be a $500 to $600 pistol. My 2?.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    well rufe - snow he didnt say what caliber in this orig post , did he ?

Made a guess it was .32 since more French walthers seem to be in .32 instead of 380, unlesss I'm wrong.

Could be the PPK/S are in 380 and not 32 , ??
  • Options
    edited November -1
    jeez, sorry guys. It IS a .380

Right now, that's all I know about it.

Is there anything I need to look for on this or is it a pretty much standard piece?
  • Options
    MaaloxMaalox Member Posts: 5,160 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had a .380 manhurin PPK/S in the mid eighties and the thing was not well made. I only shot a few rounds thru it and it would go auto on me. One time you pull the trigger and one shot goes. The next time you pull the trigger it would empty the magazine.

Took it back to the dealer and he gave me a few dollars on a trade for another make. Probably should have kept it as a colectors item, but it seemed a bit on the dangerous side for me.
    Regards, MAALOX
  • Options
    edited November -1
    BE AWARE OF THE POSSIBLITY OF " SLIDE BITE " WHILE FIRING IF YOU HAVE MEATY / FLESHY HANDS. DRAWBACK ONE.

THE RECOIL IS STOUT UNTIL YOU MASTER THE POINT AND SHOOT CHARACTERISTICS OF THIS PISTOL.

THROAT IT AND USE IT BEFORE YOU CARRY IT, RUN SILVERTIPS AS CARRY AMMO AND SECOND MAG AS HARDBALL.

CHANGE THE GRIPS TO A RUBBER ONE, HOGUE OR PACHS, FINGER REST MAGS, AT LEAST ONE.