In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

value of pre-64 model 70 ????

spooksterspookster Member Posts: 513 ✭✭✭
edited February 2007 in Ask the Experts
,,Have the pre-64 winchester model 70's in common cals like 30/06,,,gone that much in value ck GB # 66689299 ??? ,,,what makes that one so desireable,,,,maybe i missed something ??
Thanks,,,Jim

Comments

• Options
    snickerssnickers Member Posts: 359 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I wondered the same thing. There is something wrong and all I can do is speculate. I'm saying $1400 tops and I think that is generous. If genuine then it is true that there is one born every minute.
  • Options
    spooksterspookster Member Posts: 513 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    must be something with the 1949 that we dont know !!!
  • Options
    big mangobig mango Member Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    90 day closed auctions shows value of sold Model 70's pre - 64 in '06 caliber between mid 600.00 to tops 1400.00

Go figure why the 49 model is that high ??
  • Options
    Old-ColtsOld-Colts Member Posts: 22,700 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I think this is a case of good auction pictures showing a very presentable Model 70 with nicely figured wood, and that combination has appealed to a specific bidder regardless of market value.

If you can't feel the music; it's only pink noise!

• Options
    Tech WriterTech Writer Member Posts: 143 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was in a gunshop last week and the not real common caliber Pre 64 prices werte up 30 per cent since 6 months ago.

The selling price is only what one seller is willing to accept.

Tech Writer