In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Ammo for Glock 22 (.40S&W )

captronflacaptronfla Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited May 2008 in Ask the Experts
Looking for recommendations for a good practice round to get used to my latest purchase. Does any one of the discount type ammos stand out? I will be getting 500-1000 rds to start. Will also be looking for the best defense round, Cor-Bon, etc. Any help is welcome.

Comments

• Options
    Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Welcome to the forums...... I would suggest Winchester range ammo. If you buy in bulk, you will get it for a little less, but ammo is about double + the cost it was a year ago.
  • Options
    Mk 19Mk 19 Member Posts: 8,170
    edited November -1
    Winchester White Box is the best deal running today, for a doller more you can also find Remington UMC. Both of those are practice rounds. Any modern hollow point will serve you well for a defensive round, the main thing is to shoot alot of the defensive ammo to make sure that it functions properly in your gun.
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Winchester white box is about the best for practice, and I would use their Silvertips for defense.
  • Options
    iwannausernameiwannausername Member Posts: 7,131
    edited November -1
    For bulk, check out georgia-arms.com
  • Options
    Lucky007Lucky007 Member Posts: 308 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    All of the previous advice is accurate....just remember; The Glock isn't designed for all lead ammo. Use only jacketed ammo, either in a FMJ or JHP configuration.