In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

gun id

joeyjrjoeyjr Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
edited May 2008 in Ask the Experts
I JUST PURCHASED A 30 CARBINE IT IS LISTED AS A IMA.CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT COMPANY MADE THIS.I PAYED 400.00 FOR IT AND IT IS 99% ALL AROUND WAS THIS A GOOD DEAL.THANKS FOR ANY INFO

JESUS SAVES

Comments

• joeyjrjoeyjr Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I recently acquired a Belgium pistol and would like know when it was manufacture and by whom. The pistol is a 6 shot double action .320 cal. It has Acier Fondu and the serial # 19719 on the 3.25" barrel. It is plated with very nice etching but has a lot of rust. It has a fold up trigger. It has RS under the left grip and JR under the right grip. The cylinder has an oval with E L G * in it. Any information you could give me would be greatly appreciated.
    edited November -1
    please can somebody help me identfy model # on remington 22 pump with an octagon barrel serial # 302366 thanks jumpin joey [:)]
    edited November -1
    [IMG][/IMG]

Any of you pro's tell me what this is???
    edited November -1
    Found a 12ga single shot break action fair condition. On the left side above the trigger says TEXAS RANGER. Only other marking on barrel "Barrel and lug one piece. Anyone??????????????
    edited November -1
    I have just come across 2 guns that I have no information on and would like to know about.

1) 28 guage single shot Champion Iver Johnson's arms and cycle works
    Fitchburg Mass. USA

2) .22 Winchester MOD. 1906 330643 B It also has some dates on the barrel and the year 1911.

Both are in good shape(small rust) and I would like to know their value and any other pertainent information.

Alex Stone
    edited November -1
    I am considering purchasing a new rifle and I need some help figuring out what it is. The only thing I have to go off of is that it is a bolt action and has the markings:

Model 98 and .284 Win

The stock plate also says Bishop on it.

I can figure out that it takes a .284 Winchester shell, but I don't know who makes this gun. The only matches that I find for a model 98 that is bolt action is a Mauser. The person that I am buying this gun from wants $260.00 for it. The gun does come with a new Tasco Scope. Is this a decent deal or is it too much?

Brandon
  • rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    More then likely, it's a Model 12.
  • rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,649 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Found a picture.

280_01.jpg
    edited November -1
    thanks thats it where do ifind pts joeyjr
  • FatstratFatstrat Member Posts: 9,147
    edited November -1
    Do a net search for Remington gunparts. You'll find get several such as Numrich Arms or Bob's Gunparts. If they don't have what you need, try the Remington website for a list of gunshops that specialize in vintage Remington repairs & parts.
    And of course you can watch the auctions here. Gun parts and/or non functioning parts guns are often listed.
  • bobinwisbobinwis Member Posts: 361 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hi, Does the barrel have any markings such as caliber, .22 S SL LR, etc? Remington used a 2 character barrel code (stamped on the left side of the barrel just ahead of the receiver and may be hard to read without mafnification). They started making .22 cal pump action rifles about 1912 but did not stamp them with any identification right away. I have one in the round barrel made back then, no model ID but had caliber/cartridge ID. They did make a model 12-C in the 30's with an octagonal barrel but it was marked. Keep us posted, mysteries are fun.

Bob
  • hedgehopper62hedgehopper62 Member Posts: 636 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hi
    I have complete parts gun minus the breach bolt.its a round barrel.tks hedgehopper62@yahoo.com
    edited November -1
    joey here thanks for the wellcome guys yes the barrel has 22 s l &lr also ren. arms union matallic cartridge co ilion ny pedersen'patents jan 5 1909 ineed the part that pushes shell in &out its missing i have the fireing pin maybe if i had drawing icould see what all i need i also have a keystone - e.k.tryon philadelphia pa. 22 pump w octagon barrel i need the stock & pump handel or forend thanks & have a good day