In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Beretta mod 1950???

GreenmannGreenmann Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited June 2009 in Ask the Experts
I got this when my father passed, He was a Marine stationed on a boat in Italy during the Korean war, from what I understand a bunch of soldiers bought weapons while on pass, my father had given his to the ships Armorer to hold. once at sea the Ship commander ordered everyone to bring there newly purchased weapons up on deck, and made them throw them overboard.
the Armorer just happened to be in sickbay at the time so his and my fathers were the only two to survive the trip home to the USA.
now as you can see in the Pic it clearly shows the Model as 1950. I cant find any info on this online, I have asked other websites and a few are even using my pic showing a mod 950. any info would be appreciated beretta_1950_usa.jpg

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It's probably a early production variation? You can date it by the Italian Proof Marks, one of them will be a coded date. The only thing that appears different from the later production 950's appears to be the grips.