In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

SMLE Scope Mount

dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
edited June 2009 in Ask the Experts
I have a No1 Mk III in 45/70 (Gibbs rework, no collector value) and would like to have a permanent scope mount, drill & tap, on the rifle. I've tried a Williams side mount, won't fit. The various "no d & t" mounts don't hold up. It seems to me with all these rifles floating around someone must have drilled & tapped for conventional weaver bases or turn ins on these things?

Comments

• Options
    armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,483 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Seems to me all the British Sniper rifles were pretty much #4 MKI I can't recall any #1 MKIII as sniper rifles if there were there wern't many. If any one out there Knows better please feel free to correct me. I would think this would be a gunsmith job unless you have drill & tap experience. I would start looking for a gunsmith that does a lot of scope mounting. He would most likely have a stock of Weaver bases he might be able to match up to your receiver. I can't recall ever seeing one of these scoped. Good Luck
  • Options
    TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    D, If someone makes it, these guys will have it.
    http://www.specialinterestarms.com/index.php
  • Options
    hedgehopper62hedgehopper62 Member Posts: 636 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a 303 brtish with a williams side mt 3 screw mounted on the flat side.gun is marked parker hale LTD birmingham england.has open sights marked same stock looks custom with cheek rest and pistol grip.I looked for model of williams but could find none.Hole spacing is 3/4 in,most williams are 1 in.tks hedge[:D]