In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

SMLE Wood

dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
edited June 2009 in Ask the Experts
I don't mind the well worn look on original SMLEs, but I have a reworked Gibbs in 45/70 and would like to upgrade the stock & forend. Numrich doesn't carry anything, nor does Boyds - any suggestions?

I'm looking for something along the lines of the old Bishop or Fajen types.

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I have a Gibbs reworked SMLE in 45/70 - Summit I believe it's called & it's a fun gun to shoot. The wood is military issue cleaned up & it looks OK, but I'd like something better. Any suggestions for where to get finished sporter style like the old Bishop or Fajen?
  • Options
    11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well, actually, Numrich (aka gunpartscorp.com) DOES have wood for a SMLE- including NEW walnut buttstocks. Do not know how forestocks would work with the Gibbs, but the buttstock should be same, yes?
  • Options
    babunbabun Member Posts: 11,054 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have an 1903 bsa .303 that has a beautiful old style sporter stock on it. I think it might be a bishop. I wish to bring this gun back to original condition as issued in 1904. What do you have now??? I can list the two pieces on an auction for you with price consideration for your old stock in return. Let me know what you have with pictures if possible. ANY transaction we may make MUST go thru GB , I will not beat them out of their rightful commission. bob
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by babun
    I have an 1903 bsa .303 that has a beautiful old style sporter stock on it. I think it might be a bishop. I wish to bring this gun back to original condition as issued in 1904. What do you have now??? I can list the two pieces on an auction for you with price consideration for your old stock in return. Let me know what you have with pictures if possible. ANY transaction we may make MUST go thru GB , I will not beat them out of their rightful commission. bob

Thank you, but what I have now is a standard stock and a cut down MkIII forend, not an original configuration or with the handguard.