In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

primer storage

axlebrakeraxlebraker Member Posts: 16 ✭✭
edited January 2010 in Ask the Experts
what is the best way to store primers, i have them in origanal box plus in plastic contaner temp around 60 most of the time, if i vacum pack them , would that increse shelf life.[?]

Comments

• Options
    axlebrakeraxlebraker Member Posts: 16 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    DO YOU THINK IT WILL HURT MY PRIMERS IF I VACUM PACK THEM IN PLASTIC BAGS ONE BRICK OF A 1000 IN EACH BAG, ASK BEFORE GOT LITTLE RESPONSE.
  • Options
    airmungairmung Member Posts: 579 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Like you, I have vacuum packed a number of primers. They have only been in storage in a cool place (with a little dessicant) for 5 years. So far they work perfectly. But I also have some kept in a non-air-conditioned room for over 35 years and they work fine too.
    So maybe primer storage isn't really all that crtical. But if nothing else, sealed primers will stay clean and dry.
  • Options
    fordsixfordsix Member Posts: 8,722
    edited November -1
    cool and dry that is all ya need
  • Options
    john wjohn w Member Posts: 4,104
    edited November -1
    How about 50 cal ammo cans with a few 2" holes in them covered over with stainless steel tape for blowout panels?