In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Lefever Shotgun

waith505waith505 Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
edited January 2010 in Ask the Experts
I just looked at a Lefever Doublebarrel, SER # 15xxxF. Does this mean that it is an F model? It has 1907 on it with lots of engraving. It has a button in the forearm to push and take it off to take the gun apart. A recoil pad has been added. It is in decent shape. What is it worth? Any info about it would be appreiated. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=183934808

do i have this priced right? i dont know alot about these old side by sides. thanks
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have a Lefever Arms 20 ga. SXS shot gun. Number 65873 DS with a 2 following that DS. The patent dates are 1878 - 1907 on the plate by trigger guard. It's in very nice condition. It has some honest wear on it, but no rust. Nice stock, but definitely used. If anyone can give me a ballpark figure on this I would appreciate it.
    Thanks in advance
    Dave
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have an old Lefever shotgun, (a 12 ga. sxs that was my grandpa`s, as far as I know it is blackpowder with damascus barrels)where do I find the letter that indicates the "grade" of the shotgun? Any info would helpful.
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Hello First off you need to look at what city this gun was made it should be marked. Lefever was in and out of the gun business and sold his co. once and then came back with a shotgun of his own. Is you shotgun a "Sidelock " or "Boxlock" action[?] If you are unsure which is which go on the auction side and look at an L.C.SMITH they are Sidelock guns now look at a FOX STERLINGWORTH or WINCHESTER model 21 both of these are Boxlock. Pay attention to how far the metal goes back toward the pistol grip . Now to look at markings on the action remove the for-arm wood ant then carefully open the action just like you were going to load the gun the barrels should swing down and you should be able to lift them off of the receiver /Frame now look at the frame for any letters or numbers that will tell you what GRADE you have.