In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Gun parts shipping.

august16august16 Member Posts: 29 ✭✭
edited March 2010 in Ask the Experts
Okay building a east german ak. And I know a guy who lives in Germany, was wondering if it would be legal for him to send me a german ak barrel in the mail, if he can find one. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't honestly know, but the way things are going nowadays it would be much wiser for you to buy your AK barrel here in the States even if costs you more money. You don't want to be getting your name on a any s**t list setting you up for a 6:00 AM wake up call from the JBT's. My 2?.
  • Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    It can no longer be legally imported. Back in the fall of 2005 the BATFE issued a ruling that the importation of barrels for National Firearms Act weapons and otherwise non importable firearms (like semi automatic assault-type weapons) will be prohibited. The easy test is that if the firearm itself cannot be imported then the barrel cannot be imported. These barrels now join frames and receivers as restricted items and may not be imported for use in assembling new firearms or even as replacement parts for existing firearms.