In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

1991A1

woodhogwoodhog Member Posts: 13,115 ✭✭
edited April 2010 in Ask the Experts
My father has left me a colt 1991A1 .45acp semi-auto pistol. How does this differ from a 1911, the appear to be very similar?

Comments

• Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    We have some Colt Government guys here who no doubt can tell you every difference between the two pistols down to the screws. Basically the 1991A1 is a Series 80 pistol with every bell and whistle eliminated on the exterior and quite a few on the interior as well, including the addition of some plastic pieces on the earliest examples like for the main spring housing. Back when I had my shop we sold quite a few of the 1991A1s and while they worked well enough, no one was really excited about the pistols. Quite frankly the Norinco .45 Governments that were then being imported looked a lot better, shot better and were more accurate.
  • Options
    shoff14shoff14 Member Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It is basically the same as the 1911 80 series pistols except for cosmetics.
  • Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    Mark has it right. The 1991A1 was a less expencive series 80 that Colt brought out.
  • Options
    woodhogwoodhog Member Posts: 13,115 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thank-you gentleman