In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Please Help Identify Unknown Press

IDRACCAIDRACCA Member Posts: 34 ✭✭
edited April 2011 in Ask the Experts
Can anyone please help me identify this press? It is a mystery to me.
Thanks.

IMG_0930ed.jpg
IMG_0931ed.jpg

Comments

• Options
    partsmanpartsman Member Posts: 236 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Obama bullet maker? ATF nut cracker? Congress/Senate shell press? Slug maker for a square shotgun? Just jokeing, I do not know what it is.
  • Options
    Laredo LeftyLaredo Lefty Member Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'll take a WAG........................ Walnut cracker.
  • Options
    XXCrossXXCross Member Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Laredo Lefty is the WINNAH !
  • Options
    Wolf.Wolf. Member Posts: 2,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sorry, you are ALL wrong, wrong, wrong!!

This is a device to make round pegs fit into square holes.
  • Options
    cussedemguncussedemgun Member Posts: 985 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This post puts me in mind of a discussion I witnessed many years ago.

As a "cracker barrel" meeting was in progress, in walked an old timer. He took a seat & seemed to be listening to the on-going conversation. Once in a while, the speaker noticed the new comer playing with something in his hand. This was distracting for the speaker & before long he asked "what'cha playing with there".

"Don't rightly know, seems kinda spongy. Might be rubber, might be putty. Here, whatta you think?"

As the small ball passed thru several hands for an equal number of opinions, someone asked "where did you find this?"

"Got it outta my nose" was the answer.

Never did find that little sucker after that!

Same thing goes for the "widget" in the OP.
    where did it come from?
    any markings on it?
    size for reference?
  • Options
    IDRACCAIDRACCA Member Posts: 34 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It came from a lot of goods that we obtained from the closing of a gun shop. There was also quite a bit of archery related items. Maybe it is some kind of a tool for something to do with that.

The bottom base is 13 1/4" long and 2" wide.
    The inside diameter of the square "corral" that is welded to the back of the base plate (under the square end of the handle) is 1 1/2" SQUARE. It is 1/2" deep.

It is 2 3/4" from the center of the bolt that the handle pivots on to the top of the base plate (way to high to crack nuts). When the handle is all the way down and the red, rubber, grip is touching the base plate there is a 2 1/4" - 2" space under the handle in the area of the square "corral"

The square stock attached to the end of the handle is 3/4"square and it is 4" long.

The whole handle is 12 3/8" long.

We have been in this business for a long time and have never seen anything like it.

It looks to be professionally made but there are no markings, names, or numbers at all.

We appreciate you looking at it and your effort in trying to help us figure out what in the world it is!