In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Remington 7400-1

plmorisplmoris Member Posts: 16 ✭✭
edited April 2011 in Ask the Experts
Hey All,

I thought you might want to know.

I received my reply from remington.com.

The fore end from a Model 750 will not fit a 7400.

I will have to go with a 7400 synthetic. There are three out there that are plausible. Remington Factory, Ram Line and Bell&Carlson. Don't want any of the other AR looking ones.

Thank you all for your advice!

I will let you know how she shoots and cycles.

Regards,

Comments

• Options
    DONDALINGERDONDALINGER Member Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Good luck with the 7400. I've had one for 25 years now and it has been flawless. Very accurate after thousands of rounds it has never jammed a single time. Just keep it clean and it should do you well. I've read alot of people on this forum dogging the 7400 (740,742 ect.). I own a Safari Model Browning BAR and the 7400 is flat out more accurate. I like both rifles and have killed many deer with both. Don't let anyone discourage you about the 7400. If you like it and it serves you well, good to go.

Regards, Don
  • Options
    plmorisplmoris Member Posts: 16 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    This one is a 243. Should be flat shooting as well.

I don't discourage easily. I like a good project. Last year, my brother and I spent about 6 months rebuilding two 303 Enfields. We are both able to place 3" groups, 10 shots at 100yds. Not bad for open sights. That project was fun. This one will be also.

My brother picked up a 7400 in 30-06.

Her is to continued fun!
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by DONDALINGER
    Good luck with the 7400. I've had one for 25 years now and it has been flawless. Very accurate after thousands of rounds it has never jammed a single time. Just keep it clean and it should do you well. I've read alot of people on this forum dogging the 7400 (740,742 ect.). I own a Safari Model Browning BAR and the 7400 is flat out more accurate. I like both rifles and have killed many deer with both. Don't let anyone discourage you about the 7400. If you like it and it serves you well, good to go.

Regards, Don

There are needles in every haystack. Looks like you have found two haystacks...one with a good Remington 74XX series, and one with a bad Browning. That is definately not the average find for sure.

Best
  • Options
    Atom242Atom242 Member Posts: 151 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have a 742 in .243 that I have since passed on to my son. He shoots 2in groups at 100yrds. I have never had any issues with the rifle. But to address the gentlemen's post I would probably opt for the Bell & Carlson if I had to choose. I have put several of there stocks on various remingtons and have been pleased.