In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

Remington 725

thebambam2001thebambam2001 Member Posts: 733 ✭✭
edited April 2011 in Ask the Experts
I have a M725 in 30.06 that I bought about 10 years ago. I have never fired it as it sits in a safe full time. I got it out Sunday for an oiling and discovered how touchy the trigger is. Slam the bolt and it is gone! I didn?t know there was a problem with triggers this far back. Should I have a gunsmith try and adjust it, or just replace it. Truthfully I don?t think I will ever use this rifle.

Comments

• thebambam2001thebambam2001 Member Posts: 733 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I bought a Rem 725 last week. The gun is maybe 90-95%. The previous owner removed the paint from the hinged floor plate. Does anyone what would Rem would have used?
    edited November -1
    Hi

Hi All,
    Again i need some expert advice, I'm forced to liquidate some rifles that belonged to my dad, not enough room and insurance problems.I have last years blue book and the value of my rem. model 725 in .280is approx. $725. in the condition i dertime it to be in.I do not see many for sale, so i'm inclined to think that the rifle is not veryu common due to the low production numbers. If some one could give me a current blue bok value as in 90-95% condition i would really appreciate the info.
    Thanks very much
    jackshous
    ps: if any one needs info on a honda car repair ask!
    edited November -1
    How do you release the bolt on a Remington rifle, model 725?
  • perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    THEY most likely did not use paint if the floor plate is STEEL then it was BLUED and if Aluminum then it was Anodized
    edited November -1
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by perry shooter
    THEY most likely did not use paint if the floor plate is STEEL then it was BLUED and if Aluminum then it was Anodized

It looks like alluminum. A magnet will not stick.
  • MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,961 ******
    edited November -1
    The closest finish you can do 'at home' is one of the spray on bakeing laquers (brownells, dura-coat)