In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Benelli MR1

dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
edited April 2011 in Ask the Experts
I'm picking one up this week. The gun does not have a threaded muzzle and I'd like to have it threaded (1/2 X 28 TPI - standard AR)and a brake attached. I'd just as soon use an FH but CA law doesn't allow it on a detach mag centerfire long gun - I know, foolish. Has anyone had their MR1 barrrel threaded? The barrel doesn't attach to a large receiver per se, so I'm wondering if the barrel can be threaded without removing it from the "receiver".

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I'm picking up a Benelli MR1 and will mount a 1 to 4X scope on the thing, get it as low as possible and will remove the rear sight to do it. I'm told the angle of the stock drops a bit so that any scope ends up sitting kind of high.

I think the MR1 stock is just a Benelli shotgun stock and that there are supposedly risers available - does anyone know if such a thing is available, found nothing on the Benelli site.
  • Options
    1KYDSTR1KYDSTR Member Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Check for a generic brand in Midway...they should have something by Galazan or somebody with the Bennelli being so popular.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by 1KYDSTR
    Check for a generic brand in Midway...they should have something by Galazan or somebody with the Bennelli being so popular.

Thanks, there's a Choate that may fit, Brownells has Cheekeeze that may do. A company named Urbino sells stocks with risers but they are pistol grip style - I can't have that in CA, the "CA OK" version has a "conventional" stock. [}:)]