In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

selling magazines questions

jefferonstruongjefferonstruong Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited May 2011 in Ask the Experts
Hello,

i am trying to sell my 10 round magazines. I understand that California and Massachusetts have 10 rounds limitation on pistol's magazines. since i am selling 10 rounds magazine, i dont think there would be any problem. And it is not a firearm, i do not need to ship it to an ffl dealer. I was just wondering if any expert out there can confirm these.

10 round magazines can be sold to anyone in the united states (legal in all 48 states)

no ffl dealer is need. i can ship it straight to buyer home.

Please let me know. thank you

Comments

• Options
    Henry0ReillyHenry0Reilly Member Posts: 10,878 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Welcome to the forums.

Yes, you can definitely ship magazines directly to a buyer without going through an FFL.

Many auctions here on GunBroker state that it is the buyer's responsibility to ensure the item is legal in their location.

In case you were not aware, PayPal has restrictions on most gun related items including magazines.
    I used to recruit for the NRA until they sold us down the river (again!) in Heller v. DC. See my auctions (if any) under username henryreilly
  • Options
    jefferonstruongjefferonstruong Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    aw!!! that mean i have to accept money order? oh well.. thank you
  • Options
    armilitearmilite Member Posts: 35,478 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes you don't want to use Paypal for magazines. I sold some detachable 20 round SKS mags here and Paypal locked my account. Because of that they locked my Ebay account as well, so beware.
  • Options
    RCrosbyRCrosby Member Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Money order or bank check, or even personal check but then you want to state that you'll hold shipping until check clears your bank.
  • Options
    MFIMFI Member Posts: 7,899 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    NY and I believe NJ also have 10 round magazine restrictions unless you are selling pre ban (1994) mags then anything is OK.. be careful shipping anything into NYC though.