In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.

S&W double shotguns

tone59tone59 Member Posts: 670 ✭✭
edited May 2011 in Ask the Experts
anyone out there that can comment on the newer(2007-current)turkish made O/U or SxS S&W silver-gold elite shotguns?I have seen NIB sell for barely half of what the book values them as used 95%.I am curious to know whether or not there is a quality and or functioning problem driving down the prices.

Comments

• Hawk CarseHawk Carse Member Posts: 4,365 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't know.
    Just another one of S&W's failed attempts to break into the long gun business. They couldn't do it with the revolving rifle, they couldn't do it with the Light Rifle, they couldn't do it with the Husqvarna deal, they couldn't do it with the Howa deal, and now they can't do it with the Turkish connection after paying to have two plants set up to their specs in Turkey.
    But I don't know if it is a lack of quality - it wasn't in their previous efforts - or just that people don't think of S&W when they are looking for a rifle or shotgun.
  • TRAP55TRAP55 Member Posts: 8,270 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Didn't S&W drop their shotgun line?
  • tone59tone59 Member Posts: 670 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    i dont know if they are still in production.first saw them in s&w 2009 catalog.value guide says began 2007.
  • tone59tone59 Member Posts: 670 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Originally posted by tone59
    i dont know if they are still in production.first saw them in s&w 2009 catalog.value guide says began 2007.ADDED:I have seen closeout sales on S&W elite doubles so maybe they are discontinued.they can currently be bought new.maybe old inventory.
  • upjumtddeblupjumtddebl Member Posts: 363 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've handled a SxS a friend bought but not shot it and all I can say is the fit and finish on this particular one was very nice,good fitting, beautiful wood and great case coloring I had a hard time believing it came out of Turkey