In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Lanber?

Flatlanders98Flatlanders98 Member Posts: 48 ✭✭
edited March 2003 in Ask the Experts
Does anyone have a Lanber over and under[8D] and what do you think?

Comments

• Options
    trsmith5trsmith5 Member Posts: 489 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Flatlanders98; I have two, 12ga. o/u and love them alot. they are truly sweet guns. As a matter of fact, I have one that I prefer over my citori for wing shooting. And for the price, you can't go wrong.
    I have an adoration for O/U's, and own quite a few and Lanber is among my favorites. Although the Lanber is the only one that leaves a bruise when shooting for some time, but that just makes the memories last longer.
  • Options
    shawn54913shawn54913 Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hi guys, looking for some info or advice. Looking at a Lanber 1087 or a Verona LX501. I have seen good comments on both. I have heard that the Verona is very compatable to the Berretta Onyx. I haven't actually seen either gun up close but I am anxious to do so. I am getting back into hunting and really don't want to spend $1,000 if I don't go out as much as I expect. There are a number I have tried to research, Steoger, Fausti, Baikal, Huglu. Opinions? Thanks for the help.

shawn54913
  • Options
    woodyd70woodyd70 Member Posts: 266 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I too have been trying to get some info on the verona o/u in particular. I can tell you that from a looks standpoint, the verona 692 is an absolute beaut. I'm not sure about the 501, I know it costs quite a bit less, but in talking to the pmcammo rep, he said all the verona o/u shotguns were the same with the exception of fit, finish, etc. He assured me that the "gun" itself was the same in all variations. I don't think he'd misrepresent that, or at least I hope not. I'm a real big Citori fan and have myself been trying to get some comparisons from those who might be familiar with or own both. From what little I can find on Verona, I haven't heard one bad thing yet, other than the fact that they've only been available for a short time here in the states so longevity might be a minus, we don't know yet. Hope this helps,
    woodyd
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks. I know between the auction boards and cdnninvestments.com there are some pretty attractive prices. I know Dick's Sporting Goods is supposed to handle the Verona LX501 and I had heard Gander Mountain Sporting Goods handles the 502 which is the 501 only in Nickel. I have no idea who might carry a Lanber so I could look at it in person. I live in Wisconsin and will have to call around or call the dealers.

shawn54913
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Sorry guys, just notice I said 1087, I meant 2087. Fat fingers I guess.

shawn54913
  • Options
    woodyd70woodyd70 Member Posts: 266 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I was in Greensboro, NC tonite and stopped by Dick's sporting goods to see what guns they might have in stock. They do carry the verona, but at this store, in the lx502 (nickel) for $599. A real good lookin' gun with a great feel, I was quite impressed. The 502 is a far cry from the 692 though for looks, but a smoothe looking gun just the same. I think it would be an abloute no brainer when compared to the baikal, stoeger, etc..........looks, smoothness, feel, etc. is much better with the verona in my opinion......
    woodyd