In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Could use some info on my Browning BT99

chuckchuck Member Posts: 4,911
edited March 2007 in Ask the Experts
Just got a used one and I am handicapped, I would like to disengage the injector so it don't spit the hull's out on the ground cant stoop over to pick them up, some one told me it could be done with a special tool. Is that true? and where do I find the tool and what do I do with it. Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Options
    bobskibobski Member Posts: 17,868 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    if i remember correctly, its in the forearm iron.
    Retired Naval Aviation
    Former Member U.S. Navy Shooting Team
    Former NSSA All American
    Navy Distinguished Pistol Shot
    MO, CT, VA.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Bobski, I think your right, their is a funny looking screw in the forearm that I don't have a tool to turn it, if in fact that's what it's fer. Any more Info out their???
  • Options
    BT99BT99 Member Posts: 1,043
    edited November -1
    There's two ways to do this. The easier way is::pull off the stock, look on the left side after removing the stock. You will see the ejector trip rod. It looks like a bent rod that goes into the receiver on one end , and the other end contacts the hammer. To remove it pull it out to the rear. This will make it extract only as the ejector will not "trip".
    The other way, which I think is harder, is to remove the fore end from the gun. Then remove the iron from the fore end wood. Looking inside the iron you will see a spring that poweres the ejector, remove it.
    The ejector will not have and spring to it and will not eject.
  • Options
    BT99BT99 Member Posts: 1,043
    edited November -1
    Have to correct on thing on previous post. I said trip rod contacts the hammer. Well, it don't. It contacts the mainspring guide right behind the hammer.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    BT99 Thanks as lot, I took the trip rod out and no more kicking hulls all over the place, I came up with a great Idea (may be my first and last one this year) Any way I put the rod in a plastic baggie taped it up and stuffed in the butt stock before I put the recoil pad back on.[8D]