In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Pre 64 Model 70 Values

n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
edited May 2008 in Ask the Experts
Anyone know where I can find current values of the above?

Not enough info on this site as I am looking for a specialty site for the info.

Thanks

Sage 1

Comments

• Options
    MadmanMadman Member Posts: 601 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sage;
    As one who collects pre-64 model 70's all I can say is pricing has gone through the roof. Many sites and many individual collectors have pricing as does GB. Not aware of any specific site that has pricing specifics.

Paul
    Mountain Magic Gunsmithing
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You should, if possible look at past or present auctions, on the auction side if you have not done so already. Also, if you have a specific question about a certain pre-64 model 70, post it here, as there are many on here who are bonified 70 collectors.
  • Options
    CapnMidnightCapnMidnight Member Posts: 8,520
    edited November -1
    The two Cs caliber and condition. Good ones are rather spendy.
    W.D.
  • Options
    GunBuffGunBuff Member Posts: 167 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I'm looking at a 3006 standard in about 95+%, would 699.99 be a good price.
  • Options
    CapnMidnightCapnMidnight Member Posts: 8,520
    edited November -1
    Michael,
    Yes, that would be a good buy, IF it is ALL original, butt plate, front and rear sight, no peep sight notch, or extra holes drilled anywhere. It takes a heck of a good pre 64 to grade 95% in my opinion, and 30-06 is the most common caliber.
    For what it's worth.
    W.D.
  • Options
    IschiaIschia Member Posts: 215 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Some years ago I traded my Series 70 Colt Gold Cup for an all original Super Grade model 70 in 300 H&H Mag.1938 vintage. Box and paper work too. a dated San Francisco sales reciept as well Traded with the original owner. Like a moron I wanted my Colt back and reversed the trade a few years later,to "keep the Winchester in the family" Such a nit wit. If only I could go back in time as I haven't seen another like that one. Even a common Cal. pre 64 is like gold if clean and original.

Sw