In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

NY Dealers!!! Ruger 556 ship to New York?

golferboy426golferboy426 Member Posts: 969 ✭✭✭
edited January 2011 in Ask the Experts
We have a CT FFL. My brother lives in upstate NY. Can I send to him through a NY FFL who would then do the background check & transfer?

Comments

• Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    NY still has the assault weapons ban in effect so call the receiving dealer first to confirm whether it meets NY standards. Also, magazines are restricted to 10 rounds.
  • Options
    golferboy426golferboy426 Member Posts: 969 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    hoping a NY dealer on the forum knows. We haven't tried to find a dealer yet
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ruger does make a state compliant version. I do believe that means NY.

I just looked at a distributor's site, and Ruger's site. Ruger does make a MA compliant one which the stock is pinned, comes with a 10 nround magazine, and no threaded barrel. That model is also NYS compliant, and can be shipped to any dealer.

If your brother has a pre-ban lower(AR-15), he can put any upper on it he wants to, including the upper with the threaded barrel and flash hider. Ruger has started selling upper recievers for this too.

Best
  • Options
    Spider7115Spider7115 Member, Moderator Posts: 29,714 ******
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by golferboy426
    hoping a NY dealer on the forum knows. We haven't tried to find a dealer yet

MFI is a NY State dealer. He can tell you. You can reach him through forum e-mail:

http://forums.gunbroker.com/pop_profile.asp?mode=display&id=5470