In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Glock 25 .380

BobFoxBobFox Member Posts: 69 ✭✭
edited January 2011 in Ask the Experts
What is the story on the Glock 25 in .380? Are they available in the US? Is this a new model? I haven't been able to find one and am interested in picking one up.

Comments

• Options
    marc2564marc2564 Member Posts: 169 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The 25 is the same size as the compacts. There is also a Model 28 that is a sub contact. They are the same size as 9mm versions that are sold in the USA. Manufactured for countries that don't allow military calibers.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Because of the point system used to qualify imports under the Gun Control Act of 1968, the Glock Model 25 is not commercially importable.

I understand some of been imported for law enforcement personnel under their exemption, though.
  • Options
    beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by BobFox

What is the story on the Glock 25 in .380? Are they available in the US? Is this a new model? I haven't been able to find one and am interested in picking one up.

There may be a few floating around, but these are NOT commercially available in USA, and I think you'd have a hell of a time actually finding one for sale.

These were introduced in 1995; they're not a new model. The gun was intended for the Latin American market where shooters aren't permitted to own 9mm luger guns.

Honestly, short of some irrational desire to own "every" Glock made, I don't see the point of this gun for the American shooter.

Its the same size as the Glock 19 in 9mm luger, only it fires a far weaker (and more expensive) round. Its not like 9mm luger from a Glock 19 has excessive recoil.

If you really want this, how about getting a Glock 19, putting in a weak recoil spring, then firing downloaded/wuss "target" 9mms through it? [;)]