In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Any trigger expert on beretta 92fs Pistol

wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
edited February 2011 in Ask the Experts
Does anyone have any information on trigger improvements to the beretta 92fs aka M9 pistol?

The pull on mine is not right.

Heard that the 92D model spring will improve trigger performance in the 92fs...

Is that all there is?

Comments

• Options
    cpermdcpermd Member Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Ted Yost did great things to mine.

Money and time were big though

CP
  • Options
    gknaka2gknaka2 Member Posts: 461 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
  • Options
    beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I don't know what you mean by "not right", but I've never felt a good trigger pull on any stock Beretta 92. . .they all seem to have REALLY heavy DA pulls, and creepy single-action pulls.

My "solution" is to sell the Beretta and buy a CZ-75, but I can see why some might not like this [;)] Very good info in the thread linked to above.

Going to the "D" spring or aftermarket Wolf spring should lighten things up a bit. Supposedly you can cut off 2-3 coils from the D-spring to get something even better yet.

Instructions on what to do can be found here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rLitVzLUgA
  • Options
    gknaka2gknaka2 Member Posts: 461 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by beantownshootah
    My "solution" is to sell the Beretta and buy a CZ-75, but I can see why some might not like this [;)] Very good info in the thread linked to above.

Hard to do when you carried it on your hip for 10hours a day for 6 years.[;)]
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    get in contact with David Sams. in Va. He did work for National military teams for Camp Perry.
  • Options
    511pe511pe Member Posts: 258 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    At one time I believe Cylinder&Slide made a refined hammer kit for 92FS. CZ75 pistols do have noticeable single action stage creep. 92FS is a fantastic firearm because clearing "any jam" is a cinch with an open slide unlike CZ75 pistols with a small ejection port. 92FS has more after market parts choices than CZ to. You may want to see if the draw bar for the trigger is rubbing on the inside of the right grip panel, might have to relieve it. Also there's a return spring assembly that lightens the trigger, I believe by Wolf. If you want a hassle free CZ try the P07Duty model because it has a decent ejection port. A good book you may want to check out might be GUNSMITHING: PISTOLS & REVOLVERS by Patrick Sweeney to enlighten your journey. Best of luck.
  • Options
    dcs shootersdcs shooters Member Posts: 10,969
    edited November -1
    A spring kit and polishing the hammer and sear did wonders for my 92 I shoot in IDPA matches.
  • Options
    beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by beantownshootah
    I don't know what you mean by "not right", but I've never felt a good trigger pull on any stock Beretta 92. . .they all seem to have REALLY heavy DA pulls, and creepy single-action pulls.

Going to the "D" spring or aftermarket Wolf spring should lighten things up a bit. Supposedly you can cut off 2-3 coils from the D-spring to get something even better yet.

Instructions on what to do can be found here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4rLitVzLUgA

Responding to below
    quote:[Switch to a CZ75?]
    Hard to do when you carried it [A Beretta] on your hip for 10hours a day for 6 years.
    So let me get this straight. . .you've carried this gun for 6 years straight and only NOW have noticed that the trigger pull sucks? [:p] What happened. . .try a "nice" gun for a change? [;)]

A bit more seriously, I think you've put your finger (literally and metaphorically) on one of the two big problems with the Beretta.

The other problem with the 92/M9 is that it has a fairly fat grip. Many individuals (myself included) find that the CZ grip is considerably more ergonomic and fits their hand like a glove. If your hands aren't a good bit larger than average, you may find swapping guns to be easier than you think. If you want a similar action type to the Beretta, there is a decocking version of the CZ-75, or you could go with one of the clones like the Israeli Jericho (baby Eagle)
  • Options
    wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the feedback on the trigger. Will take some time to digest which will work best for me...

Nice to have options. Thanks again.