In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Anyone actually shot the Kimber Solo yet?

BHAVINBHAVIN Member Posts: 3,490 ✭✭
edited May 2011 in Ask the Experts
Has anyone shot the Kimber Solo yet? Does anyone own one? They look pretty good to me. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    txlawdogtxlawdog Member Posts: 10,039 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It does look good, haven't even laid eyes on one yet here!
  • Options
    CS8161CS8161 Member Posts: 13,595 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I am seeing some used ones pop up already on the auctions, that tells me that people bought one and were not thrilled with it.
  • Options
    eastbankeastbank Member Posts: 4,215
    edited November -1
    i was going to buy one,but after reading the reviews i decided not to yet. eastbank.
  • Options
    dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by CS8161
    I am seeing some used ones pop up already on the auctions, that tells me that people bought one and were not thrilled with it.

Are they selling them at a premium - maybe flipping them?
  • Options
    BHAVINBHAVIN Member Posts: 3,490 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I saw the used ones up. Made me think that some dealers were coming up with sample guns. I like the fact that it is lighter than the new Sig P290 (17 oz for the Solo 20.5 for the 290) and although I like Sig the Solo just looks cleaner.

Thanks for the replies.
  • Options
    coolguns777coolguns777 Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    hello there experts, i was posting in the general area about this same pistol. there is a used one back home for sale that says LNIB for 700 with the box and magazines. they even offer a box of ammo.

is that a good deal? is this pistol dependable for a back up?

thank-you

Kevin
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    The lighter the pistol the more felt recoil[V]the shorter the barrel the more prone to having malfunctions[:(]
  • Options
    coolguns777coolguns777 Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by perry shooter
    The lighter the pistol the more felt recoil[V]the shorter the barrel the more prone to having malfunctions[:(]

Very interesting Sir. It does make sense. It kicks back more so you have to hold it harder? Kinda?
  • Options
    shilowarshilowar Member Posts: 38,815 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I can't get past the fugly factor with the Kimber Solo...no thanks