In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Win.Mod.94 Problem (Update)

BOBBYWINSBOBBYWINS Member Posts: 7,810
edited June 2005 in Ask the Experts
Got my hands on it this mornin',but didn't get a chance to look at it until about an hour ago.Seems the screw that holds the lever to the links had worked it'self out to the point that the head was binding up with the receiver.

I could force it open enough to see half of the screw,so I just took a flat tip screwdriver and pryed it just enough to get it to open.

Tightened up the screw and WA-LA!

Why my Bro couldn't see this is beyond me,but,oh well.

While we're here,out of couriosity,he'd like to know what it may be worth.(for insurance purposes)

Ser.#1184113

30-WCF

bbl.-20"

Full length mag.

Metal butt plate w/some light surface rust.Should clean up well.

Bbl and tube 80% blue,but has a few spots that are worn to metal.(scabbard)

Receiver has maybe 50% blue w/some very light pitting.

Wood;Forearm is near perfect,but has a couple of very small nicks.

Buttstock is the same except for a gouge on the left side that's about 3/4" long,1/16" wide,1/32" deep.Overall,the wood would clean up very well,except for the gouge.

Bore is bright and shiny w/strong rifleing.

Anything else[?]

Thanks,
BW

IT'S WHAT PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT THEMSELVES THAT MAKES THEM AFRAID.

Comments

• Options
    stevegsteveg Member Posts: 845 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I can tell you it was made in 1941
  • Options
    SnellstromSnellstrom Member Posts: 1,085 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey Bobby I've been watching these sell on the auction for a few months now low end $300, high in the low $400's, some people will value it at $450 but check with some other folks besides me. I would tell insurance its value is $750 that way you are covered for the next few years due to inflation.
    [;)]
  • Options
    Bert H.Bert H. Member Posts: 11,279 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello Bobby...

The serial indicates that it would have been manufactured sometime between 1939 - 1941. As for the value, I agree with Snellstrom... $300 - $400 is what it is really worth.

Bert H.

Real Men use a SINGLE-SHOT!