In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Wollf Springs for S&W K frame

44caliberkid44caliberkid Member Posts: 925 ✭✭
edited November 2006 in Ask the Experts
I am planning a trigger/action job for DA shooting in a S&W model 19. Wollf springs has a standard power kit and a reduced power kit. They say to use the standard power for reliable ignition of magnum primers. How seriously should I take this advise? Should I just get the reduced trigger return spring and forget the mainspring?

Comments

• Options
    11b6r11b6r Member Posts: 16,588 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lightening the hammer mainspring will lighten the trigger pull. It also reduces the impact of the hammer. SOME revolvers already have a lesser impact in the double action mode. IMHO, if it ain't broke, doan't fix it- or you may find a weapon that will not (reliably) fire when you get some ammo with hard primers.
  • Options
    Old FoolOld Fool Member Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    How important is it to you that the revolver goes BANG every time the trigger is pulled? (is it strictly a range gun, or does it do double duty as a personal defense gun?)

Do you reload for it (you get your choice of primers that way).

If it is strictly a renge/competion gun that you reload for, go with the lighter spring. Remember, you can always oput in a stronger spring if you want to.