In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Question about Red Dot Scope

doubletdoublet Member Posts: 50 ✭✭
edited November 2006 in Ask the Experts
Has anyone heard of , or know about a Red Dot Scope made by a company named Oakshore Electronic Sights , Inc. Have one tha came on Ruger Super Redhawk i picked up . Just wondering if they may still be in bussiness , and if this is a cheapy . Any info would be thankfull . doublet

Comments

• Options
    Contender ManContender Man Member Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Doubtful if this company has mid-to-upper-end products. Most likely an importer of low cost sights from China or other Asian mfg.

But, what the heck, as long as it works ... enjoy it.

2470100-M.jpg
    If you only have time to do two things so-so, or one thing well ... do the one thing!
  • Options
    doubletdoublet Member Posts: 50 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thx. CM , Made in Japan !!! Kinda what i thought ,
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Hello one thing you might want to do is check the Parrelax or lack of . the easiest way to do this is laying the pistol on a table or bench by its self with it pointing down range look at a object at both 50 and 100 yards and move the pistol so that red dot is on or near this object take your hand off the pistol and with out touching pistol or table move your eye so that the red dot moves within the sight picture it should not move in relationship to the object. Cheap scopes do and good scopes don't. quote:"PRAISE THE HARDBALL GUN"
  • Options
    RHMRHM Member Posts: 12 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The Oakshore Electronic Sights, Inc. supplied red dot scopes to the Marine Corps shooting teams for use on Precision Weapons Shop (PWS)-built 1911s, S&W M41s, and Benelli .22 Shorts.
    -RHM
    DSCN0196.jpg
    DSCN0199.jpg
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    Hello I never looked at my "ULTRA-DOT" to see who made it but ULTRA DOT is one of the best red dots made and serviced by LARRY's guns one of the best people to deal with he comes to camp perry each year and is also an HIGH MASTER shooter."PRAISE THE HARD-BALL GUN"
  • Options
    bill-n-thelmabill-n-thelma Member Posts: 10 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    I just picked up an Oakshore Electronic Sights, Inc. scope
    1.5 x 4 power Micro dot handgun scope. Looks to be good quality. The gun store had a $200 plus price on it even tho its obviously used. I offered a hundred and they took it. The reticle is similar to a Burris E-dot. I cant find any specifics on the scope or the company. I read in this post that the USMC used them on precision handguns, so I guess its probably a good scope. Does anyone know how Oakshore stacks up against Burris or Luepold? Will this scope handle heavy recoil? Or should i reserve it for a lighter recoiling handgun? Any additional info is appreciated.