In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

How do you date something like this?

hayseedhayseed Member Posts: 7 ✭✭
edited July 2009 in Ask the Experts
What is this and how much is it worth?
[img][/img]041.jpg

[img][/img]042.jpg

[img][/img]044.jpg

[img][/img]047.jpg

[img][/img]048.jpg

Comments

• Options
    babunbabun Member Posts: 11,054 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I see this type of gun at many estate sales. If there are NO markings on it, they never sell for more than $35. bob
  • Options
    rhmc24rhmc24 Member Posts: 1,984 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    It is percussion box lock pocket pistol that could date from 1840-1870. Condition looks to be in as-found original complete poor to fair condition. If the mechanism cocks and trigger holds, etc it is probably worth $100, more or less depending on who, where, when, etc.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    It is functional and it appears to be a .44 cal smooth bore. There aren't any markings anywhere that I can see. So 1840 to 1870...
  • Options
    givettegivette Member Posts: 10,886
    edited November -1
    "How do you date something like this"?

Well, we rely on years of experience, and a healthy reference library. Glad you came to us, because all three questions were answered by the second response. Please don't hesitate in the future to get back to us, as we thoroughly enjoy all aspects of this hobby, and will help you to the best of our abilities. Best, Joe
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I appreciate the info. I'll bring all of my questions to this board.