In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Ruger LCR speedloader

OdesseusOdesseus Member Posts: 50 ✭✭
edited July 2009 in Ask the Experts
New "American Rifleman" states that HKS 36A can be used with the LCR. Anyone used this, or have personal knowledge?

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    You might consider posting your question to the guys on the Ruger Forum, if our folks can't help you. GOOGLEing the name, will bring up the link.
  • Options
    RCrosbyRCrosby Member Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have HKS speed loaders for everything from .22 to .44 and have been pleased with all. If AR says the 36A will fit, I wouldn't doubt it.
  • Options
    beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by Odesseus
    New "American Rifleman" states that HKS 36A can be used with the LCR. Anyone used this, or have personal knowledge?

Sure. That's the standard speedloader for a 5 shot Smith "J" frame revolver.

hks_36a.jpg

The "36" probably refers to the Smith and Wesson model 36, which is the plain-jane original blued steel J-frame snubnose.

Anyway, I've used it. . .it works fine, and I keep one handy near the appropriate gun.

I've never tried this for the Ruger, but I'd imagine it would work fine. Supposedly these work for the Ruger SP101, I don't see why they wouldn't work for the new LCR. If American Rifleman says they work, I'd have no reason to think they didn't.

As a matter of practice, because of their thickness, these speedloaders can be a bit bulky in the pocket, and for pocket carry, many people find the plastic Bianchi "speedstrips" (which hold the rounds in a straight line) to be more convenient to keep reloads handy.

sp101_right.jpg