In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Remington Model 141

n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
edited April 2010 in Ask the Experts
I need to know if anyone has ever made a scope mount for a rem model 141 that doesn't involve having a gunsmith drill holes for mounting?

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    I own a Rem model 141 in .32 Remington. I read somewhere that the .32 Remington is the same cartridge as a .32 Win Special.. Is this correct? and if it is correct, do you think I should try shooting the .32 Win Special Leverevolution ammo from the gun? (The gun is in good condition)...Thanks!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I've just picked up a Remington Model 141 in 35 Remington. Doing the usual "gearing up" for reloading and such I'll pick up brass and bullets. Hopefully I'm recalling correctly - the "swirls" in the tube magazine are present to allow the use of pointed bullets and do so by preventing the point of one loaded cartridge from resting on the primer of the following loaded cartridge, correct?

If anyone has a "these bullets/weight shot great in my 141 please feel free to mention. [;)]
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Just picked up a model 141 in .30 Remington caliber. The serial number is 478xx. Just curious of a DOM....

Aaron
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Anyone have knowledge or experience with this pump rifle.

Looking for likes dislikes, good features and bad features.

Sage 1
  • Options
    savage170savage170 Member Posts: 37,468 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    biggest draw back is chambering avaiable unless you reload 35 rem is still avaiable in factory loads
  • Options
    MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,976 ******
    edited November -1
    good functional rifles if you keep them clean, very complicated design to take apart & reassemble.
  • Options
    Underdog2264Underdog2264 Member Posts: 164 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have had at least one 141 all my life, It is one of my favorite rifles and calibers (35 rem) It is a bit more complicated than most of today's rifles, but a snap to take apart and clean once you have done it a couple times. Check out www.Midwayusa.com there are several loads and bullet types for the 35. You won't be disappointed with a 141.
  • Options
    blackhawk45blackhawk45 Member Posts: 481 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I've got the 14 in 35Rem,and a 141 in 35Rem, both are sweet little guns.I would love to have some of the 25 ,30, and 32Rem, rifles but they are cost prohibitive.
  • Options
    Survivor223Survivor223 Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hello,
    Does anyone have a parts diagram for the Remington Model 141 .32 Cal? Also, any advise and instructions on tearing it down and reassembling for a good cleaning. I have a broken part I need to search for, but don't have the proper name for it or part number. This part sets into the rear of the lever assembly that flips around at the rear of the magazine tube. Thank you for your time and please help me if you can. I called Remington and they were unable to help me at all. I have picture if anyone would like to see them along with the broken "tang". My email is lentrish@strato.net
    Regards,
    Leonard
  • Options
    Survivor223Survivor223 Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    TRAP55, you are a true Gentleman. Thank you so much. This will get me started.
    Sincerely,
    Leonard