In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

outers foulout 3 cleaning system

Pistollero1050Pistollero1050 Member Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2010 in Ask the Experts
Hey does anybody have an opinion on this high tech cleaning system? I have one and it seems to work good, but I think you basicly have to shoot the barrel back in like a new rifle.

Comments

• Options
    RCrosbyRCrosby Member Posts: 3,808 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I love mine, but don't use it all that often. Mostly on neglected bores that come my way and are in bad need of cleaning. I have 2, the small battery version (currently up for auction on the other side) and the AC version which I'm keeping just because I don't need 2. I prefer the solid rods of the AC version, but both seem to work about as well. Only problem I've encountered is finding a way to attach the lead that normally clips onto the front sight. Large diameter barrels with NO front sight are a problem I haven't figured out yet.
    Suggestions?
  • Options
    Pistollero1050Pistollero1050 Member Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I usually clamp it to the mount lug down by the chamber so that if you scatch it it wont show.
  • Options
    asphalt cowboyasphalt cowboy Member Posts: 8,904 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    On my 7x57 I clip it to the trigger guard. I had to make up an extention for my 264. Put an aligator clip on each end of a length of primary wire. Clip one to the rifle and the other to the Foul-Out clip.

Forgot to mention. Pad one side of the clip with mohair and put the contact side inside the guard.