In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

win combo gun super grade? help

leed1315leed1315 Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
edited April 2010 in Ask the Experts
i have a win. over under 12ga/5.6x57r marked super grade. highly engraved and stock comb like rifle. factory 2pc. scope bases w/ quick detach rings. has no made in (usa/japan,etc). box has SR 9 SG. serial# is SR00145x. the bboks i have show combo gun but not this caliber, nothing for super grade. i was told it may have been made by kreighoff. any help on i.d. and value would be very apreciated. it is in box, factory fired only w/ factory targets. thanks, lee

Comments

• Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    This gun was made by the same folks that made the Winchester 101. Look at Grand European model even had Winchester Choketube in some of them. Well made gun but IMHO lacked the idea of the valmet system with interchangable barrel sets.Most were sold in Europe but did not sell well and at one time were sold on CLOSE OUT in Shotgun News for $600.00 in fitted case . Most are now sold for $1750.00 + or - many people ask more but then they dont sell.The reason you may not find any markings as to where it was made is because Most if not all of the Rimmed cartridge chambered guns were first sent to European countries and they don't require markings as to where a gun was made like U.S. Laws . The Germans prefer rimmed cartridges in combination guns Because the ejector/extractor works much better with rimmed cartridges then rimless The U.S. Shooters don't like rimmed cartridges as ammo can't be found at Wally World. The standard catalog of firearms does have a listing but sort of hard to find. YMMV
  • Options
    wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Hey Lee
    Agree with whats posted. You may want to search google and {elsewhere} to get some current data on whats out there.
  • Options
    leed1315leed1315 Member Posts: 9 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    thanks for ya'lls help, lee