In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Ruger .41

kraut1963kraut1963 Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited April 2010 in Ask the Experts
I own a Ruger redhawk .41 mag with a 7 1/2" barrel, blued with scope rings. S/N 502-71152. I can not find any current value info on this revolver. I have talked to some gun shop owners but no one seems to be familiar or have much expertise with this specific model. Do you have info on the current value of this revolver or a place where I can find the value?

Thank you.

Comments

• Options
    duckhunterduckhunter Member Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    www.rugerforum.com
  • Options
    ruger41ruger41 Member Posts: 14,651 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Post a pic if you can--info how to do it is on the front. The .41 Blued Redhawk was discontinued in 1991. Has yours been fired? New in box .41 Mag models bring a small premium and the scope rings add around $40. Depending on the shape your gun is in you should be able to get anywhere from $375 on the low end to $500 on the high--possibly more to the right person and again depending on the condition of your gun.
    Your Redhawk was manufactured in 1990.
  • Options
    hslaterprycehslaterpryce Member Posts: 927 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    If you are eventually going to sell it, please put it up on the Auction side and let me know it is there so that I can bid. Thanks in advance!
  • Options
    tsr1965tsr1965 Member Posts: 8,682 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    The best place to look for current values is on the auction side. Look at completed auctions that have bids, and actually sold. It will give you a good estimate of what the market will bear. Now...a Redhawk with rings in blue should command decent value if it is in decent condition. If it were NIB, you could get close to $1K for it to the right buyer.

Best
  • Options
    USN_AirdaleUSN_Airdale Member Posts: 2,987
    edited November -1
    $500.00 to $700.00
  • Options
    USN_AirdaleUSN_Airdale Member Posts: 2,987
    edited November -1
    $500.00 to $700.00
  • Options
    zacklazackla Member Posts: 194 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Sell why have you found something better than a 41?
  • Options
    gskyhawkgskyhawk Member Posts: 4,773
    edited November -1
    your redhawk with rings was known as the Hunter model they where made in 41 mag , 44mag and 45colt, i don't remember ever seeing one in 357 but they may have been in that caliber also

in excellent shape it will bring at least 500 and depending on if the right person is looking for it as high as 650/700

not alot of them made and the 41 hardy ever comes up for sale , folks that have them really like the gun

as some one else said ask the guys over one Rugerforum , they will help you with production numbers and just about anything else you need to know about a Ruger