In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Beretta AL 391

tacomasr5tacomasr5 Member Posts: 51 ✭✭
edited May 2011 in Ask the Experts
Can someone please tell me if there is any difference between the
AL-391 Urika 2 Sporting Clays, and the AL 391 Urika 2 Synthetic other than the stocks. I am wanting to purchase one for target shooting, and I really like the look of a synthetic stock.

Thanks,
Jim

Comments

• Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Yes, they are the same.

I am not happy with my AL 390; the forearm is thin & easily cracked. This appears to be a common problem, & replacement is not cheap. Beretta was not interested in providing a redesigned part.

Plus, the gas system is far more complicated than the Remington autos, requiring much more time to clean.

Neal
  • Options
    22hipower22hipower Member Posts: 619 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    +1 on the 391 being more difficult to clean. However, they balance nicely and point well for me. I shoot Browning, Remington, and Benelli autos too but the Beretta is my go to gun for dove. Light, reliable, and fun to shoot. Works fine for sporting clays too.
  • Options
    MaaloxMaalox Member Posts: 5,160 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The rib may be different. I have the 391 Gold Sporting model and it has a low profile rib with a mid-bead. A friend of mine has a std 391 Urika and the rib on his is a little higher and his does not have a mid-bead. His is not synthetic but it is not a sporting model.

All 391s with wooden stocks are not sporting models, the sporting models are so noted on the barrel.

Now these are both first generation Urika's not Urika 2's.
    Regards, MAALOX