In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Pinfire revolver

lefthanddrawlefthanddraw Member Posts: 37 ✭✭
edited May 2011 in Ask the Experts
I just bought one today. I have no idea what it is. I have done my googling but to no avail
It says:
A Faghur
R&F
on the side of the receiver, forward of the cylinder. It also has CSA in scroll on top of that.
I have two gun books and I cannot find this Faghur anywhere. Has anyone heard of this pistol? Do anyone know here I can buy parts for it?
thanks, John

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Someone locked this topic, I don't know why becasue I have still not found this revolver anywhere.
    All I am interested in is when it was made. If I am clogging up this forum with non-interesting topics please let me know.
    I have had more good advice from some many good people on here I was checking my topic to see if anyone could tell me when I needed to know.
    If I am locked out again thanks to all of you guys for helping me.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have a pinfire revolver, I would like any iformation I can get about it. It has a 3.25" barrel total length is 7". six shot cyl,about 7mm.Stamped on the barrel is a star over the letter R.
    Cyl has the letters E L G stamped in a circle.It has a folding trigger.
  • Options
    hrfhrf Member Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    lefthanddraw, the last "sticky" at top of forum explains why and when topics are locked:
    http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=306339

Your pinfire could date anywhere from 1870s to WW-1, but most likely the former, especially with the British proofmarks: Pinfires were never very popular outside Continental Europe, and were mostly replaced by rimfire and centerfire examples by 1880. And the "littlegun" website seems to imply that the Fagnus gunmakers were only active until 1870s.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    OK thank you, have a good day.