In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

ANOTHER OLD SxS ? W/PIX'S

MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,972 ******
edited June 2011 in Ask the Experts
ANY INFO ON THIS ONE, SEEMS HIGHER QUALITY THAN MOST MARKED "S.H. BARKER & SONS", "LAMINATE STEEL", & "CHOKE BORED" ON BARREL
SXS-2.jpg
SXS1.jpg
SXS3.jpg

Comments

• Options
    we_dig_itwe_dig_it Member Posts: 6,614 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Crescent Firearms may have made it. I think SH Barker was a hardware Store and Crescent made alot of hardware store guns. I may be wrong but it may be worth checking.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Lot of the old Belgian made guns would be named similarly to high quality American guns. This was done hopefully to confuse the buyer into thinking they were buying a high quality U.S. made shotgun instead of a Belgian knock-off.

My WAG is that gun this was named deliberately almost the same as the famous Parker shotguns made in Meriden Conn.

Both the frame and barrels of this shotgun has Belgian proof marks, although I just see one the "Tower" markings on the receiver. The barrels have all the usual Belgian Proof Marks.
  • Options
    He DogHe Dog Member Posts: 50,958 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    T. Barker shotguns made by Crescent were sold by Sears. I too think this one Belgian.
  • Options
    Ned FallNed Fall Member Posts: 662
    edited November -1
    Belgian made double. That can be confirmed by the Belgian proof marks , letters "ELG" on barrels. Maker unknown at the moment.
  • Options
    wpagewpage Member Posts: 10,204 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Black powder charges for those brown damascus barrels. Pre 1899 but not in my book.

Looks like one for over the fireplace but a nice one.
  • Options
    cbyerlycbyerly Member Posts: 689 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    It is a Belgian knock-off of a Parker.