In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

M14/M1A Mags

rchawkrchawk Member Posts: 84 ✭✭
edited March 2003 in Ask the Experts
Gentlemen, I am having trouble sorting out the best mags to buy for my M1A. I have seen "New Pre-ban" "New-unissued" "As new" "Stamped CMI or BWI or XXX".
And they all come with a hefty price tag. If I am going to pay $40+ for one mag I want the best I can get.
Any help would be appreciated.

Hawk

I would rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6!

Comments

• Options
    mark christianmark christian Forums Admins, Member, Moderator Posts: 24,456 ******
    edited November -1
    Any US military OEM magazine for an M14 will be just fine for your rifle. There are all sorts of makings...things like OM (Winchester) and lots of others as well. Many people have also reported good results with the older Chinese M14 magazines. Stay well clear of any of the gun show special magazines (20 and 30 round) usually priced at around $15 and having plastic followers and light stamped metal bodies- none work reliably. $40 is a pretty darn good price for a new or unissued M14 magazine, even the CMP was getting $25 to $30 each for their M14 magazines when they offered then several years ago.

Mark T. Christian
  • Options
    familyguyfamilyguy Member Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    US GI mags, that's what you'll see them advertised as, and yes $40 is a good deal. I got mine for $40/each 2 years ago. They're durable and reliable, period.
    I agree with Mark, the tinny ones are a waste of money. Even if you get one that works, it won't last as long.

Got a new gun for my ex-wife.....pretty good trade, huh?
  • Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Cole Distributing Company has the best deal on USGI mags, especially their nearly new ones. And, they have a reputation of being good people to do business with.

Neal
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thanks Neal,
    I was checking out their prices and thought they might have one of the best deals.

Hawk

• Options
    FatWoodDogFatWoodDog Member Posts: 90 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by nmyers
    Cole Distributing Company has the best deal on USGI mags, especially their nearly new ones. And, they have a reputation of being good people to do business with.

Neal

I agree with Neal -- I have purchased M14/M1A mags from Cole on three (3) different occasions .. mags are "as described" or better. AND, the folks at Cole are helpful and easy to deal with.

John

Diplomacy is the art of saying "Nice, Doggie..."until you find a Rock!!
  • Options
    edited November -1
    OK you guys, the order is going in tomorrow with Cole.
    Your kickback checks should be along in a few days.
    Thanks again,

Hawk