In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

10/22 custom bipod

gmoyesgmoyes Member Posts: 4 ✭✭
edited March 2003 in Ask the Experts
i am making a custom ruger 10/22 and i want to put a bipod on it, however i was not sure if there was going to be any problems with it. the stock is a fajen shilluate stock, and i want to put a harris s series bipod on it. can someone let me know if this is an ok combination. and what installing one of those bipods intails.

Comments

• Options
    ranger37ranger37 Member Posts: 182 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Well it should be pretty easy, if the stock already has a front swivle stud the bypod will attach to that.

www.gundoctor.welcomeyou.com

DO RIGHT GUNSMITH, INC.
  • Options
    bambihunterbambihunter Member Posts: 10,684 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ranger is correct, I've only seen one or two stocks that wouldn't accept a quality bipod such as harris (which are the best IMHO). The ones that wouldn't accept it were wild looking guns with weird contours. As long as it is reasonably flat on the bottom of the stock by the front swivel then you won't have any trouble.
    If you like to shoot from a bench or want to find out what your custom will really do, you can get a rear monopod that will hold the gun rock solid. Since the 10/22 hardly recoils at all, you can use the combination to do a one shot scope zero. You center the cross-hairs on the target, pull the trigger, then re-align the cross hairs to the center of the target, then adjust your crosshairs (on your scope) to center of the bullethole... Shoot again to double check.
    Works like a charm!
    Fanatic collector of the 10mm auto.
  • Options
    ohioghogohioghog Member Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I PREFER THE VERSSA-POD OVER THE OTHERS. HERES WHY:

THE VERSA-POD COMES WITH THE LEGS AND THE ADAPTOR SEPARATE.

IF YOU HAVE MORE THAN ONE RIFLE THAT NEEDS A BIPOD, YOU CAN PURCHASE A SEPARATE VERSAPOD ADAPTOR FOR 19.95. PLACE THE ADAPTOR ON YOUR OTHER GUN AND FLIP-FLOP THE LEGS BETWEEN BOTH RIFLES.
  • Options
    kimberkidkimberkid Member Posts: 8,857 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I have both and I gotta vote for the Harris, But I wont give up my Versa-Pod either ... If adaptors are an issue the Harris ones are usually only about $6-$7 each.

Personally, I like the standard (non-poviting) bipod best as its a more stable platform ... legs auto retracting, are quiter and will adjust any where you want (however its not as fast as the noisy "clicking while they extend" legs on the Versa-Pod)

My personal favorite Harris Bipod is the 6"-9" Benchrest ... for me they offer the best of both worlds.

===========================
    Chance favors the prepared mind
    kimberkid@gunbroker.zzn.com
    If you really desire something, you'll find a way ?
    ? otherwise, you'll find an excuse.
  • Options
    shotgunredshotgunred Member Posts: 106 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    harris bi pods by far are the best you can buy have one on my 308 rock steady would not own a versa pod just my 2 cents[:D][:D][:D]