In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

.22 Magazine Tube Help

timbromantimbroman Member Posts: 1,164
edited March 2003 in Ask the Experts
I have a slightly bent under-barrel magazine tube follower. It is so slightly bent as to be barely eye-detectable but it binds in the mag tube about halfway in. Any suggestions as to how to correct? It has not been bent so severely as to kink it. Do you think is a job for a smith or is there a simple solution? Thanks for any help. Jim

timbroman@aol.com

Comments

• Options
    mrmike08075mrmike08075 Member Posts: 10,998 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    what is the make/model/caliber/age/condition of the gun??? it may be possible to replace this part without great expense depending on what gun this is. best regards, mike.

What other dungeon is so dark as ones own heart, what jailer so inexorable as ones own mind.
  • Options
    BiggerHammer24BiggerHammer24 Member Posts: 128 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I had this same type problem with one of mine and took a rod of the same size and pushed it up the tube use a long rod and make sure it is close to the same size becouse when you slide it up in the tube it will not only straten it but should help with the bend as so it wont jam in the tube. Hope this helps BiggerHammer [B)]
  • Options
    timbromantimbroman Member Posts: 1,164
    edited November -1
    Mike, its a Marlin 99C, very inexpensive and only a knock-about shooter. I'm hoping to not spend any significant cash on it. Bigger, I'll give that a try. It certainly makes more sense than applying pressure to the outside of the tube...why didn't I think of that? Thanks for the advice. Best, Jim

timbroman@aol.com
  • Options
    dakotashooter2dakotashooter2 Member Posts: 6,186
    edited November -1
    Call your local archery pro shop and see if they have an arrow straightener. If they do they should be able to easily straighten the follower at minimal charge.
  • Options
    wipalawipala Member Posts: 11,068
    edited November -1
    Take it to an archery shop many of them have arrow straighteners and can take care of it for you

OOPS need to read all the replies before I post

Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: And he that hath no sword,let him sell his garment, and buy one
  • Options
    n/an/a Member Posts: 168,427
    edited November -1
    Magazine tube, 13.00 dollars at gunpartscorp.com

Pepe_stand3.jpg

"A wise man is a man that realizes just how little he knows"

Blue_star-eagle.gif