In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Vulcan Arms MP-5 clones any good????

moreammoplzmoreammoplz Member Posts: 463 ✭✭✭
edited July 2005 in Ask the Experts
I was looking at buying a Vulcan Arms MP-5 clone for around $800 and wanted to see if anyone had one of these and if they were any good??? (Accuracy and function)
Thanks,
Mike

"Shoot Straight and Shoot often."

Comments

• Options
    kingjoeykingjoey Member Posts: 8,636
    edited November -1
    Avoid the Vulcan stuff, just renamed Hesse garbage. Pony up a little more cheddar and get a Bobcat version

Love them Beavers
    orst-title-1.gif
  • Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,545 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by kingjoey
    Avoid the Vulcan stuff, just renamed Hesse garbage. Pony up a little more cheddar and get a Bobcat version

Love them Beavers
    orst-title-1.gif

I heard recently that Bobcat is owned by Special Weapons. I think way to go would be Vector or Ohio Rapid Fire.

Regards,
    gadsden.jpg
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Affiliated, not owned. Basically they had a disagreement about where their market should be focused. Use a lot of the same parts

Love them Beavers
    orst-title-1.gif
  • Options
    drobsdrobs Member Posts: 22,545 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by kingjoey
    Affiliated, not owned. Basically they had a disagreement about where their market should be focused. Use a lot of the same parts

Love them Beavers
    orst-title-1.gif

I guess Kimberkid has had good luck with Spefal Weapons, Bobcat I think is ok. I agree, have heard nothing but problems with Vulcan in the past. Maybe the got better since then. I do see they offer a Galil clone that tempts me.

Regards,
    gadsden.jpg
  • Options
    ElMuertoMonkeyElMuertoMonkey Member Posts: 12,898
    edited November -1
    Haven't heard anything about their quality, but I'm leery of anyone who claims to have mil-spec gear at cut-rate prices.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    quote:Originally posted by ElMuertoMonkey
    Haven't heard anything about their quality, but I'm leery of anyone who claims to have mil-spec gear at cut-rate prices.

Actually, as far as the Bobcat or SW stuff goes, it's about the same price as an HK94 would be if they were still imported. The Hesse/Vulcan stuff is usually disturbingly inexpensive though[:0]

Love them Beavers
    orst-title-1.gif
  • Options
    ElMuertoMonkeyElMuertoMonkey Member Posts: 12,898
    edited November -1
    I've heard good things about Bobcat and SW.

Just wish I could afford some of their wares right now.[:(]
  • Options
    moreammoplzmoreammoplz Member Posts: 463 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the info, I also talked to my local shop and they also said Vulcan had issues. Last thing I need is an $800 jam-o-matic.

"Shoot Straight and Shoot often."
  • Options
    TrooperAllen469TrooperAllen469 Member Posts: 119 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Originally posted by moreammoplz
    Thanks for the info, I also talked to my local shop and they also said Vulcan had issues. Last thing I need is an $800 jam-o-matic.

Be prepared to have each and every magazine for your new Vulcan or Special Weapons hand tuned, and it's not as easy as it sounds.

Trooper 1st Class,Georgia State Patrol, Certified General Instructor, Firearms Instructor, Defensive Tactics Instructor, Armorer, Gunsmith, Former U.S.Navy 1st Class Petty Officer