In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Date of Manufacture

pogybatepogybate Member Posts: 3,150
edited November 2006 in Ask the Experts
OK you experts. I need to know the manufacture date of a Winchester Model 94. The serial nmuber is 49468XX. Thanks guys!

-Charlie

"It's the stuff dreams are made of Angel"NRA Certified Firearms InstructorMember: GOA, RKBA, NJSPBA, NJ area rep for the 2ndAMPD. njretcop@copmail.com

Comments

• Options
    edited November -1
    Does any one have a list of when ,according to serial numbers, Weatherby Vanguard rifles were made ? I have one with a low 5 digit serial number.I dont want to authenticate it thru Weatherby due to the cost .thanks
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Can anyone help me with a date of manufacture for a Marlin/Glenfield model 60???? serial #25282xxx. Thanx in advance
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Is there a place to find the date of manufacture, or at least the year, for a Harrington&Richardson trapdoor .45-70 ? I think they were made in the 1970's.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Need the date of manufacture on Winchester Model 94 traditional. Serial number is: 63866xx.

Thanks......

Charlie

"It's the stuff dreams are made of Angel"NRA Certified Firearms InstructorMember: GOA, RKBA, NJSPBA, NJ area rep for the 2ndAMPD. njretcop@copmail.com
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have a Colt .45 revolver serial number 3437XX. Can anyone tell me the date of manufacture? Thank you.
    It's the stuff dreams are made of AngelMember: NRA, RKBA, NJSPBA, NJ area rep for the 2AMPD and the AARP. njretcop@copmail.com
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Hi....DOM please, for a Winchester model 1892 serial number 65325. Chambered for 38-40, and I believe it is a rifle cut down to carbine length 20 inch barrel. Thank you. BT
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Does anyone know of a link or book I can get to find the DOM of Winchester Super X Model 1 Shotguns, Thanks for any help, Les
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have two guns, one a Colt "The Woodsman" 22 cal., serial number 141492, and a Remington Model 742, 30-06 cal, serial number 91924. Can anyone tell me when these were issued and possibly a value of each. I received them from my Dad.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Can anyone tell me the date of manufacture for a Smith& Wesson model 22 1950 U.S. Army .45 cal Revolver, with serial number S 192568.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have three Colt Pythons that
    I would to know the date of manufacture:

V4866xx
    E841xx
    K136XX

Any help will be appreciated.

Paul
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Remington 1100 12 mag L349xx.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have a Browning FN Auto. 32ACP Ser#367124 and wondered where I could find the manufacture date. Found nothing in search.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    I have a box of Remington Kleanbore 30-40 Krag, 220 grain softpoint ammunition. There are 18 rounds left in the box. There is a hand written price on the end of the box of $1.79. There is a stamp on the back of the box. It reads Y14E67. Can I find the date of manufacture, and since the box is in very good condition, does it have any value?
  • Options
    edited November -1
    winchester model 25
    27xxx
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Have a Sears Mod 54 Lever 30-30 made by Winchester with ser.42516.Anyone know the DOM for this #?
    Thanks in advance for any help
    Frank
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The problem is that FN/Browning made ( 3 ) different models of semi-auto pistols in 32ACP/7.65mm between 1900 & approximately 1950. Since Belgium was occupied by the Germans twice during that time frame, it's doubtful anyone could give you a specific DOM for your pistol. The best, probably possible would be an approximate date depending on model and markings on pistol.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    OK thanks Rufe, it is the Model 1910, no special Jap or German markings as I guess Japan bought them too.
  • Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Been through my references, production started in 1912, none were made during the German W W I ocupation. The longer barrel version was made starting in the early 20's. It's not clear if the serial ranges of these pistols were in the same sequence, as the 1910? Best guesstimate as some of the longer barreled military contract pistols had separate serial number ranges, is that yours dates to sometime in the 30's, prior to the W W II German occupation.
  • Options
    edited November -1
    Thank you for the information.....[^]