In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

FN 32 auto pistol Browning 1922

dgacdgac Member Posts: 694 ✭✭✭✭
edited March 2008 in Ask the Experts
I came across one of these pistols the other day for 275.00 with the holster. The guy said the person he got it from didnt need it anymore....so it was a bring back. The finish is about 75% and the grips are blakite and are in rough shape. I looked on gunbroker but we all know some people want way too much because its old. Just wanted to know if it worth it or not. I think its a neat little peice but never buy unless I know something about it.

dgac

Comments

• Options
    rufe-snowrufe-snow Member Posts: 18,650 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    This link has excellent information on the 1922 Browning.

http://olarmyjoel.com/Virtual Arms Room/browning 1922.htm

From your description of the condition of the one your interested in, I would say that $275 would be absolute top dollar. The 1922's manufactured under the Nazi occupation of Belgium, number in the hundreds of thousands, i.e. there not all that rare. If your a collector wait to get something in better condition. As a "shooter/ plinker" they leave a lot to be desired, you would be a whole lot better off with a .22. My 2?.
  • Options
    v35v35 Member Posts: 12,710 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    In the past the Browning "Waterpistol" was never worth much to gun collectors and hobbyists but today there is more interest in all WW2
    stuff.
    If you think it's cool and have to have it, at least examine the bore.
    There was much corrosive ammo in use then.
    If the barrel is pitted, I'd say forget it unless it has rare markings
    per Rufe snow's reference.
    Incidentally, if there are German markings on the inside of the holster flap, it may be desirable by holster collectors.
  • Options
    dgacdgac Member Posts: 694 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thanks for the info. I'll check that bore and check the markings. I did pick up 92 loaded rounds and 12 peices of 30-40 krag for 50 bucks at that shop.

dgac
  • Options
    perry shooterperry shooter Member Posts: 17,390
    edited November -1
    If you could get the BRING BACK papers this would increase the pistols value[:)]