In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

1949r Russian SKS

monstamonsta Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
edited May 2008 in Ask the Experts
Can anyone tell me an approximate value a 1949r it has been arsenal refinished has the small block stamp with the line through it, metal finish I would say 90%, stock has 1 arsenal repair (small) some handling marks dings dents I think the stock is a renumber has a faint red star on it with some x's then below it has the matching number stamped on it, blade bayonet (not the spike unfortunately), does not have the factory 10 round magazine unfortunately some moron apparently removed it and probably tossed it for a high capacity, all the rest of the numbers on the gun match (no electro pencil) all hard stamped, no restamps or line throughs. Any help would be greatly appreciated I am considering selling it on gunbroker. Thanks!!

Comments

• Options
    dppatroldppatrol Member Posts: 173 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    i cant tell you a dollar amount on a russian,but yugos in almost new condition are selling for 250. had a russian '52 i wish i'd held on to,its a great "shooter"for the money.
  • Options
    CHEVELLE427CHEVELLE427 Member Posts: 6,750
    edited November -1
    Just picked up a 1952r $200.

What I have found is they range from $250-500.

should go up more towards the end of the year.
  • Options
    monstamonsta Member Posts: 3 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Thank You Very Much you have been very helpful I appreciate it!!
  • Options
    TWalkerTWalker Member Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I suggest that you sell it on Gunbroker. You might be very surprised to see how much it will bring. '49's are a hard year to find. Be sure to post some good pictures of the date, the gas tube assembly(about half way between the front and rear sights) and any markings on the sides of the receiver. Who was the importer? Include that info as well. Good luck on your auction.