In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Arisaka Type 38

Jae187Jae187 Member Posts: 2 ✭✭
edited May 2008 in Ask the Experts
Hello,

I have a Arisaka Type 38 rifle that my girlfriend bought for me many years ago.

I want to sell it because I have no need for it. But I'm not sure how much I can really get for it. I have never fired the gun. I have three bullets a friend gave me and have kept them for "just in case" measures. but I do not need this rifle and actually am in need of the money.

any advice on what I can look to sell this thing for? is there a better place to sell it other then gunbroker.com?

Comments

• Options
    jonkjonk Member Posts: 10,121
    edited November -1
    Price varies. Assuming it isn't sporterized, all matching with dust cover cleaning rod and unground mum (the chrysanthemum on the receiver) and in excellant shape, could go for $400+. Ground mum and fair condition as little as $125. We need more info or good pics.

How is the bore? A lot of these have well worn and even pitted bores.
  • Options
    MIKE WISKEYMIKE WISKEY Member, Moderator Posts: 9,976 ******
    edited November -1
    "How is the bore? A lot of these have well worn and even pitted bores."... please note; these used a 'rounded' land/grove type rifleing and may look 'worn' when in fact they are exc. cond.
  • Options
    11echo11echo Member Posts: 1,007 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    You're lucky! The Arisakas have jumped in price in th elast few years. As already noted, the price jumps up if the rifle is complete (not sporterized) and really high if the Mum is not ground. And the general condition of the weapon. So $125 to $550 ...there a bout! Good Luck!