In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

sa m1a loaded

joshmb1982joshmb1982 Member Posts: 8,929
edited June 2008 in Ask the Experts
I bought a 3rd generation mount from the dealer when i bought my new m1a. my problem is that when i mounted a leupold vxII in 4-12-40 and i have to pick my cheek up about 1/2 in off the stock to see through it with obvious effects on accuracy. does anyone know of a good comb raising device that would give me a good cheek weld? cabelas had a neoprene one with digh density foam inserts for around 25 buck. that a good deaql??

Comments

• Options
    Emmett DunhamEmmett Dunham Member Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    I would try to lower the scope first, most scope mount systems have diffferent height mounts. I have a ARMS mount and you can choose from three different hights. How much space is there between the front of the scope and the hand guard? I can use part of the back of the hand and part of the thumb when wraped around the stock to support the cheek.

Emmett
  • Options
    dfletcherdfletcher Member Posts: 8,162 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    ARMS has a super low mount, depending on the size of your scope it may cause the rear bell to touch the rear sight, but it should put most scopes about as low as they can go. I have a Sadlak on an SA Loaded, puts the scope fairly low. I added an older cheek piece from an SMLE, it's made from wood and fits the rifle's comb very well. Gives an excellent cheek weld. I'll admit it's not the popular way to go, but it does give the gun an interesting look and the gun remains all wood & steel.
  • Options
    joshmb1982joshmb1982 Member Posts: 8,929
    edited November -1
    does the arms mount work on an m1a rifle?? the mount i got from SA basicaly bolts onto the side of the rifle and curves over top of the reciever. so the mount itself is about .5 an in above the reciever. the mount was an extra $125 so i would like to keep it on there if possible.
  • Options
    Emmett DunhamEmmett Dunham Member Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    The ARMS mount is a three point mount, on the side of the receiver, into the stripper clip area and at the front on the receiver.