In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

What's it worth? Win 94. .32 WS

DRP-AZDRP-AZ Member Posts: 2,318 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 2010 in Ask the Experts
Old guy stops by with a rifle he hasn't shot since 1939. Given to him by his Grandfather who used to take it to Mexico with him when he worked on construction projects there.

Guy says he fired it 6 times in 1939 and put it in the closet and that's where it's been since.

Bore looked beautiful, action tight, small amount of pitting on bbl near front sight and some light pitting on front left of receiver. Case hardened hammer, trigger, lever with most of it still visible. 90+ original bluing. Flip-leaf type rear sight, not bent nor damaged. Wood showed some handling marks but no cracks, chips or repairs. Buttplate was in comparable shape, 90%+ original bluing still there. Saddle ring present with typical wear marks from same. No extra holes drilled into the receiver or anything non-stock present on the rifle.

475,xxx SN range puts it at an (estimated) 1909-1910 production date.

I know what I told him it was worth, and was pleased that I, who do NOT fancy myself an antique or cowboy gun guy by any stretch, was pretty close when verified with an old fart friend of mine who loves Winchester Leverguns and 97 shotguns as I described it on the phone to him.

What say ye?

Comments