In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

Tasco custom shop 8X40-56.

recon5recon5 Member Posts: 199 ✭✭
edited May 2010 in Ask the Experts
Where can I get the windage & elevation knobs, I bought the scope minus the caps, and I understand they are not in TASCO'S line anymore, any help finding them or something else that would work out there?

Comments

• Options
    nmyersnmyers Member Posts: 16,880 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Tasco has been out of business for about 10 years. Bushnell bought the name, & provide parts & service for Tasco models they sold.

Neal
  • Options
    beantownshootahbeantownshootah Member Posts: 12,776 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Looking for this?

tasco840_2.jpg

stocks002-1.jpg

First contact Tasco. They may be able to help you, even if they don't stock these anymore.

You may have luck scrounging the knobs from some other similar or identical Tasco scope that doesn't work anymore (eg any other Made in Japan Tasco 8-40x56). From what I understand, that's not uncommon with the model you describe [V].

A scope that doesn't work right should be pretty cheap. The hard part will be finding one.

Gun show, yard sale, flea bay, pawn shop. . .these might be places you could try looking.

For what its worth, your "Tasco" scope was actually made by Hakko in Japan, so that might help in tracking down some knobs that fit. I don't know if any of the current Tasco scopes are from that outfit, but you might ask their customer service.

Based on my Googleology, the original Hakko company has also gone bust and was bought out by another company. That doesn't necessarily mean that they won't have parts that might fit, but it seems like a pretty long shot.

If all this sounds like a huge hassle, maybe you could get a machinist or gunsmith to just fabricate you some knobs.

EDIT:

In response to a personal email question on the above image, no that's not my gun! I just lifted the image from a Google search to get a picture of the scope in question.

Its a English-made DAYSTATE HARRIER model pre-charged pneumatic airgun with an aftermarket Claro Walnut stock.

As best as I can tell, the top and right side turrets are ordinary windage/elevation, the large wheel on the left is for parallax, and the neck ring is for magnification.

Does anyone know what the knob on the top of the eyepiece is for?

My guess is that is a fine-focus for use at high magnification, but I don't really know for sure.
  • Options
    nitsa216nitsa216 Member Posts: 48 ✭✭
    edited November -1
    Anyone using the Tasco "custom shop " 6-40x 56mm have the proble i'm having, that is - extremely difficult to focus clearly when you get past about 20X. ?
  • Options
    shooter10shooter10 Member Posts: 461 ✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Maybe this doesn't apply to your "custom shop" Tasco but for what it worth:

A short lesson I learned many years ago, that kind of goes along with scope buying. I wanted to learn to play guitar. So a guitar player friend of mine and I went to the guitar shop. The guitars were way to expensive for me. So I found a guy with and old beat up one and bought it. When I took it to my fiend he said it was a dog turd. Knida hurt my fellings. I said what do you mean, we can fix it up, right? He said we can put new pickups on it, new strings, new frets, and even paint it with sparkles, but in the end it will still be a ........