In order to participate in the GunBroker Member forums, you must be logged in with your GunBroker.com account. Click the sign-in button at the top right of the forums page to get connected.
Options

W&C Scott and Sons Shotgun

cogundoctorcogundoctor Member Posts: 11 ✭✭
edited June 2011 in Ask the Experts
I have come across a W&C Scott And Sons MAker London Hammer gun 10 Ga with Damascus barrels serial Number 195XX. I have done some research but can find no infromation on one with the opening lever on the side. Can anyone give me any information as to production date or value.I can not figure out how to add pictures please e-mail me and I will send some for ID cogundoctor@aol.com

Comments

• Options
    nononsensenononsense Member Posts: 10,928 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    cogundoctor,

Welcome to the Gunbroker forums!

There are instructions in a 'Sticky' directly above these posts for helping you get photographs in a thread.

http://forums.gunbroker.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=259294

This is faster and easier than multiple e-mails and will get you more and better response.

Best.
  • Options
    hrfhrf Member Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November -1
    Their 1891 catalog shows only top lever guns. The side lever was more common on Belgian made guns, and if yours actually reads W & C Scott & Sons it's a fake, as it was & Son (singular). In 1897 they merged with P. Webley & Son and became Webley & Scott.